Monday, June 29, 2009

Art Ed Institute

Just returned from a week at NH Institute of Art's Art Educator's Institute.  This was my 4th year and although it is a week where art educator's from around the country gather it is geared to the individual artist.  We were pampered and pandered to all week with special receptions at the Currier Museum of Art, tours of the new facilities and wonderful meals.  Aside from all this I left full to the brim with inspiration and haven't stopped making art since.  I spent mornings figure drawing with Peter Clive and afternoons bookmaking with Mark Walberg, below.  His collection of handcrafted books (and I use the term loosely.  He's donning one of his book hats.) blew my mind!  Below are some pics  including my "stepping stone" creation, some of my own books and book hat.  Also pictured is me with a former student, Shonna Beckett, who surprised me one day.  She was taking a tour and hopes to attend in the fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment